We have compiled the complete list of the activities that will keep you busy while you stay at Havelock Holiday Park in the Heart of Marlborough.
It's not all about the mussels, there is so much more.
So, check out our list below and start thinking of us as the perfect hub for all your adventures in Marlborough.
As you will soon discover, although we are on the edge of Marlborough, we are right in the middle of everything.
There is plenty to see without having to drive anywhere, it is only a short walk from your campsite or cabin to each of the following.
So make Havelock Holiday Park your base in Marlborough and explore the local attractions listed below:
- Pelorus Mail Boat – discover the fascinating life of a Sea Postie.
- Greenshell Mussel Cruise in Marlborough Sounds – visit a mussel farm , learn about the process of growing Green Shell Mussels and taste the results.
- Pelorus Water Taxi – short cruises for those that don’t want to spend all day on the water. Learn all about the local history and mussel farms while picking up or dropping off trampers and locals around the Sounds. Also available for drop offs and pickups on the Nydia Track.
- Pelorus Eco Adventures – inflatable Kayak trips down the Pelorus River. No experience necessary. Visit some of the film locations for the Hobbit Movie.
- Havelock Museum – a collection of pioneer stories told through photos, collections and implements.
- Havelock Art Gallery – visitors are always amazed at the local talent in Havelock. Passionate volunteers are always happy to guide visitors through the artworks on display and for sale.
- the Waterfall walking track winds uphill through a gully of native bush until it reaches a picturesque waterfall. Intrepid adventurers can clamber up to the top of the hill for amazing views but the path for this part of the adventure is unformed and a very good workout.
- At night, a short 10 minute walk up the Waterfall track will bring you to a wall of Glow Worms. A great walk after dinner but take a torch and wear shoes with a decent tread.
- the Motuweka Pathway – walk through the historic Havelock Cemetery and then along the South Mole out to the entrance of the Havelock Marina. It’s a popular walk as it is flat and a good opportunity to view the varied bird life that lives in or visits the Kaituna Estuary.
- the Link Pathway – this section of the walking/cycling track is 3 km long starting at the Havelock Causeway and terminating at Cullen Point. At Cullen Point there are two further tracks where you are rewarded by fantastic views down the Pelorus Sound and back towards Havelock.
- Petanque – get a team together and play. We have several sets of boules at reception available for guests to use
- Marlborough Wine Tours – there are a whole combination of tours ranging from 3 hrs to all day
- Guided Kayak trip in Queen Charlotte Sound. You might prefer to kayak by yourself or a combination Kayak/Hike, Kayak/Bike or just a Mountain Bike hire. Whatever you wish can be organised through a local company that is known for its’ expertise and quality equipment. They are sometimes able to pick up from our Reception for a small charge.
Remember: Tony and Brigitte are always happy to help you with ideas and activities or make any bookings you may require.
To help you further we’ve created a few day trip suggestions using the information above. Check them out her